Friday, January 23, 2009

Updates and cold showers

Bear had his 2 year checkup yesterday. I can't believe he is going to be 2 next week. It seems like just yesterday that I was carrying in my 5lb 18 inch baby for his 1st checkup outside the hospital and now he is 28lb and 34 inches tall. The doctor said he looks great except they did detect a heart murmur he wants to get looked at. I'm not particularly concerned as this runs in both mine and my husband's families. They are going to call us to schedule an appointment with a pediatric cardiologist but they said it would probably take a couple of months to get in.

I am stressing a wee bit about his birthday party. After last year's big party I decided to just have a few friends over to watch the Superbowl and eat BBQ next Sunday. Unfortunately only one couple has committed to come at this point. 2 families have replied as undecided and the rest haven't even responded. This is a little frustrating as I had to order his cake and the party favors in advance without knowing if any kids would even show. Plus I need to go buy the food this week and I don't know how many people I am feeding. Grrr...

The pregnancy is still going pretty well. I am starting to feel some of the pains of getting bigger but I am not to the miserable big point yet. The anemia is still kicking my butt. I am taking the iron supplement the doctor recommended and eating red meat every day but I am still exhausted. I scored some awesome deals on baby stuff at Target this week while they were doing clearance so that was fun. I picked up some new crib sheets, blankets, changing table pad covers, a video monitor, a baby book, and a few other things for a really good discount. I want the new baby to have at least a few new things.

In other news our new hot water heater that we bought less than a year ago is now refusing to work. We called the manufacturer and they said that it is just a defect on that model and they will send us a new part. Ugh. Seriously? It isn't even a year old. Plus they only cover parts under warranty not service and anyone who has ever hired a plumber knows that they are the most expensive part of the repair. So I am praying my handy man husband can fix this and we don't have to call a plumber.

8 comments:

CP said...

good luck on the hot water heater- wow 2 years old?!mI bet he will be a great big brother.

Haley said...

Sorry to hear about the hot water heater...that's a bummer. Glad to hear you got some good deals at target though!

I have a big box of clothes that Jackson has outgrown, and all my friends have girls, so I was wondering if you wanted them for the new baby?

Just let me know?

Stephanie said...

Bear is getting so big! I think I found your blog when he was less than a year old...time flies, doesn't it? My boy is turning 2 in four weeks. YIKES! And my 3 year old just turned 3 this past Friday. Double YIKES! We had her party on Saturday and it was just insanity! I think we had about 15 kids with their parents dressed up as little princesses! It was so cute!

Stacey said...

non-party responders (either way) always irks me! i hope you have a great time!

jpandtheboys said...

It's amazing how fast they grow isn't it! I am such a baby. Brody still has four months to go and it breaks my heart thinking about it. I hope everyone gets back to you and that you guys have a great time next weekend.

Anonymous said...

Everytime I issue an invitation and people don't respond, I swear up and down that I'm only buying food for the people who responded. And then I buy enough for the others just in case, but it still ticks me off.

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Found you through the wood life...

The party will be great no matter how many people show... it is about the boy anyway (and the game)...

...and cold water showers are not fun - I hope he got that fixed!

KG said...

I can't wait to see how big Sumo is, now. I have to take him in for his 18 month well baby checkup ... er ... a week (or two) late. At 15 months, though, he was 34 inches and 33 lbs ... so I'm kind of scared to see how big he is, now. Ok, who am I kidding, I'm TERRIFIED of his size. I think he's at least three feet tall ... and growing. *hides*