After my last doom and gloom post I thought I would follow it up with a post of things that make me happy right now. So here are a few things making my life wonderful.
* Plastic kiddie pools. Seriously great way to beat the heat and so much fun for your toddler.
* Tater Tot turned 12 weeks old Saturday. If I was still working I would have had to return to work today as my 12 weeks of FMLA would have been up. Yay for staying home!
* I discovered the yummiest cookie recipe ever and have made it 3 times in the past 2 weeks. Half batches, anyways. I'm not a complete pig.
* Bear is starting to get a little easier. I am starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel with these terrible twos. We still get tantrums and difficulties daily but it is still easier than it was this time last year. Although I haven't started potty training yet so that light might just be a train.
* Did I mention Tater is 12 weeks old? That means I have been exclusively breastfeeding for 12 weeks. I rock. It was so hard those first few weeks that I really never thought I would make it this far. I'll even admit I somewhat enjoy it except when he wants to eat someplace really public. Then I am still a little shy. Mama needs a few drinks before whipping out her breast in public which is obviously a no-no with the whole breastfeeding thing. Thank God for hooter hiders. I have the Blue Maxfield design an I lurve it.
* My best friend found out recently that she is unexpectedly pregnant and I am so excited. She will be having her baby in mid-January.
* I am getting my hair cut and highlighted tomorrow. The last time I got this done was 2 months before Tater Tot was born. I am way overdue.
* Homemade bread. I have been trying out some new recipes and it has made making my own bread fun again. I am really loving this recipe by Money Saving Mom. I also love, love her pizza crust recipe although I add Italian seasoning and garlic powder for a little umph.
* Coconut lime verbena foaming handsoap from Bath and Body works. Hands down my favorite soap for washing my hands in the kitchen. It smells so amazing I want to lick myself in a non-creepy, non-pornographic way. I picked up 3 new bottles on sale at Bath and Bodyworks this weekend.
* I got the boys pictures taken 2 weeks ago and they are super cute. I can't wait to hand them out at Tater's christening in two weeks. The only downside was that Bear refused to do a cute picture with Tater. Every time we put them together on the bean bag chair, Bear would start pushing Tater away which would make him cry. We ended up with one semi-decent picture of the two of them and a bunch of cute pictures of them separately.
* I am making Penne a la Betsy for dinner tonight. 'Nuff said.