Friday, February 20, 2009

A Meme about Us

I am desperate to blog about something besides pregnancy and my toddler so I totally stole this meme from Jenny at She Likes Purple.


What are your middle names?

Mine is Rae and my hubby's is Glen.

How long have you been together?

Since January 2003. It was the closest thing to love at first sight that I have ever experienced.

How long did you know each other before you started dating?

We met January 8, 2003 and immediately hit it off. He invited me to go get ice cream and while we were out he asked me to go out on a date that weekend. 2 days later we had our first date.

Who asked whom out?

He asked me.

How old are each of you?

He is 34 and I am 28.

Whose siblings do you see the most?

We are about even on this. We aren't particularly close with either of our siblings but see them occasionally since they don't live too far away.

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?

Probably the 16 days Bear spent in the NICU after he was born. Although we have each been laid off unexpectedly and those times were scary and tough too.

Did you go to the same school?

Nope. I met him 2 weeks after I graduated from college.

Are you from the same home town?

No, I was born in a suburb of Dallas and he was born outside of Houston.

Who is smarter?

I was better at school but he has lots of life and work experience.

Who is the most sensitive?

I am, especially with all these crazy pregnancy hormones.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?


We eat a lot of Mexican food (my top choice) and BBQ (his top choice).

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?

Cancun, Mexico for our honeymoon.

Who has the craziest exes?

I'd say we are probably even on this one. We have actually discussed setting up a dating service to hook up our crazy exes who seem to be perfect matches.

Who has the worst temper?

He does. I am the blow up and get over it type where he is the hold a grudge till the day he dies type.

Who does the cooking?

I do. He cooked for me first but I have been doing it ever since. Although he does handle all the grilling duties.

Who is the neat-freak?

I like everything picked up and put away where he is more anal about the actual cleaning part. So he doesn't care about leaving socks on the floor and stuff spread out all over the counter but will freak out about crumbs on the floor. I can deal with the crumbs on the floor but those damn socks will drive me crazy.

Who is more stubborn?

He is.

Who hogs the bed?


Neither. I am extremely territorial about my half of the bed and will kick and push to keep him off my side during the night but I don't invade his territory.

Who wakes up earlier?

He does. He usually leaves the house by 6-6:30 a.m. sometimes earlier.

Where was your first date?


We went out to dinner at Cheddar's and then back to his place to watch old movies.

Who is more jealous?

Honestly this isn't too much of an issue for us. I used to be jealous but marriage has mellowed me out.

How long did it take to get serious?


Not long. We met in January, he told me he loved me in February, moved in with me in March, and proposed in May. We were married the following May.

Who eats more?


He does. Although being pregnant I can give him a run for his money.

Who does the laundry?

I do since I stay home full time. We used to split the duties when I worked.

Who’s better with the computer?


I'm better with software while he is better at figuring out the hardware.

Who drives when you are together?

He does. I hate driving and he always complains when I drive.

2 comments:

Haley said...

I enjoyed this! It was neat to learn a little more about you and your hubs. :-)

Anonymous said...

I should do this one...