Monday, August 4, 2008

Another sleepy Monday..

How is it that at the end of every weekend I am so relieved it is over? I used to love the weekends. Look forward to them. Savor them even. The past few weekends have just been such a whirlwind that I feel like I can't catch my breath.

I didn't think me or my husband would survive Friday. He spent from 5:30 a.m. Friday morning until 9 a.m. Saturday laying on our bedroom floor with a few pillows and blankets moaning in agony. It was awful. I wanted to help but there was nothing I could do but fetch him food, ice and Ibuprofen while trying to keep my child from using him as a jungle gym. His last spasm hit around 7 p.m. causing him to throw up the pizza I had delivered for dinner all over him, the floor, and the blankets and pillows. I ended up throwing away the pillow and sending him to the shower so I could scrub the carpet. Friday night was the night the Fabreze came to die in my bedroom. Ugh.

Saturday came around much too early and I ran around trying to get Bear ready for a pool party at 10:30 and making sure my husband was settled. My parents called and said they were in town and would swing by while I was at the party and keep my husband company until I got back. The party was fantastic. This country club has the best pool I have ever been to. It has a huge kiddie pool part with a beach entrance that goes no deeper than 2 feet. It had little spouts of water for the kids to play in and tons of pool toys. The only downside was that it was already in the mid-90's at 10:30 in the morning and I was playing in 1 ft deep water which isn't really all that cooling.

I got home from the party and my parent's wanted to take us to lunch before they went home. My husband was up moving enough to come along. We did that and then I took my husband over to our Urgent Care center so they could check him out since he was in too much pain to go in on Friday. They gave him a shot and some muscle relaxers. As soon as we got home and I got Bear down for a nap my best friend called and said their apartment countertops had been varnished or sprayed or something and the smell was about to kill them. With the 100+ degree temps it wasn't an option to open the windows and let it air out so could they please come over and stay the night with us?

I barely had time to straighten the house before they showed up. My friend and I ran to Target to pick up a new pillow for my bed and look for a new lamp to replace the one that died in my living room. Then we swung by Taco Cabana and picked up dinner to take back to the boys. We stayed up watching movies that night.

The next morning we got up and made pancakes and visited before they left. I got everything cleaned up and then it was off to the grocery store. I am tired...


Kristine said...

It seems that I go to work on Monday to recover more often than home on Friday to recover. It sucks!

WomensDaily said...

This past weekend was crazy and I was actually looking forward to Monday lol. I purposely scheduled nothing for this coming weekend to recover.

Marmarbug said...

Oh god. The ill hubby. I am SO SORRY!
They are the worst!!! Glad that you survived!!!!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how your entire perspective on things changes as a SAHM??

Glad he's feeling better!

Haley said...

Wow...I'm tired just after reading about your weekend!

Hope your DH is feeling better!

Stephanie said...

Poor hubby! Try to take it easy yourself. I know taking care of children AND husbands is hard work. ;oD

Centsible Mommy said...


Thanks for stopping by and entering the Hip T giveaway. The winner will be announced Monday. Good Luck!

Have a great day,


Indy said...

I feel the same way on Monday. Should be easier but it is not.