Thursday, October 11, 2007

Is going out to eat considered a hobby?

So I have been considering doing a blog for quite some time. I have been reading them for about a year now and always feel a little left out when they tell you to leave a comment and they will stop by and visit your blog. I want to leave a comment but alas I am uncool and do not have a blog. I am always daunted by how one begins a blog. Do you just start randomly writing? How do you determine a theme? Does one need a theme? Do I need to start by telling you about myself? What if you think I am boring? What if no one wants to read my blog? Worse yet, what if someone does? Do I need to stay entertaining, thoughtful, unoffensive?

So, anyways I decided to just start. I like the idea of an open diary. A way to track your life outloud so to speak. So then I am faced with the question of what to tell you about myself. My hobbies include eating out, sleeping, watching too much TV to be considered healthy (damn you, DVR), watching my son grow, having spirited polictical debates with my husband, traveling, playing with my pug, Rocky. Does eating out count as an actual hobby? And what about traveling? I don't actually like the travel part; packing, dealing with airports, arriving 3 hours early so I can take off my flip flops to go through detector that every other person has walked through barefoot, sitting on a crowded plane, lugging my luggage, finding my shuttle, the list goes on. However I love being somewhere else. I fall a little in love with every place I visit. I just wish I could teleport there without travel documents, visas, luggage, jet lag and such. I love love love San Francisco like no other city I have visited. If I won the lottery I would be there in a heartbeat.

Anyways enough about me for now. Now that I have started the blog I can come and post whenever I please.....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds interesting. Given your love of travelling I think a blog detailing your travelling sounds promising; as do the facts that you have young offspring and a dog.It sounds as if you have all the makings of a very readable blog,especially if you can illustrate it. I find that the difficult part - my digital camera seems very reluctant- still I keep working at it. I look forward to reading more of your efforts. Regards, Mike (old bloke in England).

Someone Being Me said...

Thanks for the response! I wasn't expecting anyone to actually read the blog, at least not so soon. If you are looking for an interesting blog from someone who likes to travel you also might want to check out www.nothingbutbonfires.com. She is also from England and loves to travel. She has some really fascinating stories.

KG said...

First posts always struggle with the "um, where am I going with this?" issue . . . My first post was only a month ago, and my blog has already gone in a different direction than I anticipated. Ah, well . . . so much for estate planning . . .

KG said...

Oh - and yes, I consider going out to eat a hobby.