Monday, October 22, 2007

What is fall?

I live in the land of 2 seasons. We have no spring and definitely no fall here in Texas. We skip straight from summer to winter and then back. There are a few days every once in awhile that might pass as fallish or springish but no actual "season". The leaves don't turn colors unless you count brown and crunchy as a the turning of the leaves. No one takes road trips through Texas to see the fall foliage.

Today marks the first coldish weather we have had in months. The weather went from high 80's and sunny this weekend to high of 58 and rainy today. Although the rest of the week looks more promising with highs in the low 70's. That will not last long.

Even winter in Texas isn't winter as the rest of the world knows it. We get the colder temperatures but no snow to sled in or turn into snowmen. Last year we got 3 days of ice here and the town shut down completely. Snow might make us catatonic.

The only thing we get right down here is summer. If you are ever looking for the perfect tropical vacation with weather in the 100's and 99% humidity this is your place. I still love it here though. One thing they say about Texas weather is if you don't like it, wait a minute, it'll change.

2 comments:

Kellan said...

Isn't that the truth. I also live in Texas and it is freezing in my house!!! I like the cool down, but I can't get warm. If it drops below 75 I'm just a baby. Nice to meet you. See ya.

Shawna said...

I am jealous you have a beautiful way of writing. I can't wait to read more. And baby bear is adorable.