Friday, November 2, 2007

Icebreaker

Ok, maybe it is just me but does it ever seem to you like you always have something wittier to say in comments on other people's blogs than you do in say, your own blog? I apparently need a jumping off point, an ice breaker, to help me think of something clever. At least I think I'm clever, sometimes. Then I think, ok, I said something clever here at so in so's blog and now I set the bar high. Now someone might link to my blog expecting an shower of wittiness and instead they get the most boring blah-g on earth. Like, God, why did she even bother to roll out of bed?I've read better material on the back of a shampoo bottle.

This is why I can't participate in things like Namopolmo or whatever they call it. Seriously, I can't even spell it and I am waaaay to lazy to Google it. That would require opening of another web browser and gah, I can't handle the pressure. I can barely keep up with trying to wade through the blogs in my Google reader, while trying to work at my real job, and checking my email. God forbid someone IM me. Ok, I digress...what was I talking about? Oh yes, my complete lack of interesting and intriguing things to write. Luckily it is lunch time. Kind of a saved by the bell deal. I must go feed. We'll come back to this later. Or never. Whichever.

3 comments:

Rmomof3 said...

I like your blog! I am sorry about the job stresses! I will pray for you and your family!
blessings,
Renee

P.S. I like Huckabee too! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm so with ya, not participating either. And I--for one--am certainly glad you rolled out of bed!

(And I usually think my comments are just as sub-par as my posts, ha.)

Sharon L. Holland said...

I can only post every day if I'm NOT expected to. I am my own illustration of Paul's view of law and grace.

I also keep a file of bookmarked articles and other people's blog posts that I can write about or link to when my creativity is slow.