Monday, November 12, 2007

A perfect day

Yesterday was a beautiful Sunday. High in the 80's and sunny. The baby let us sleep till 9:30. We decided to forgo church for this one weekend and just relax. We got up and went to Target to pick up a few things and actually managed to get out of there for less than $100.00, which is incredibly impressive in my opinion. We had a very enjoyable lunch at one of our local hot wing restaurants.

When we got home Bear went right down for a nap. The evening before we had taken our new Christmas tree down from the attic and started setting it up so we had the afternoon to finish putting lights on the tree. We will be busy the next 2 weekends and I would rather put my tree up early and enjoy it longer than trying to put it up the 1st weekend in December. My husband has never helped me decorate the tree before but this year he helped me put the lights on, unwrap ornaments and hung a good number of them on the tree. He even put my new tree topper on the top of the tree for me. Then we moved all the rubber maid containers to the attic and the baby swing that Bear hasn't used in 4 months. We spent the rest of the day hanging out watching Lost and Friday Night Lights episodes.

It was just an all around good, relaxing day. I really needed that. We have been blowing and going and the strain of working and trying to be a Mom and wife has been hard.

No comments: