Friday, April 11, 2008

Appointments

One of the biggest adjustments for me becoming an adult has been appointments. Paying bills was a big adjustment too but there is just a special annoyance that comes with making and keeping appointments. In the next month I have an orthodontist appt, a vet visit for Rocky, a grooming visit for Rocky, Quarterly Pest control, Bear's 15 month checkup, a hair appt, and my yearly OB/GYN visit. All in one month. Then in June I get to go to the dentist.

I hate opening the mail box and seeing those little reminder cards. I think we have entirely too many appointments these days. Now some of them I put upon myself like the hair appointment or Rocky's grooming but it all needs to be done. They all need to be done. They all represent a phone call to schedule, somewhere I have to be, and more importantly, money I have to spend.

I remember as a kid thinking how glamorous it would be to be an adult. No curfew, a car, I can eat whatever I want. But then you realize that even though you don't have a curfew you still have to get up and go to work every day. And having a car means buying gas, getting inspections and registration, oil changes and maintence, not to mention car insurance and car payments. Eating whatever I want hasn't worked out so well since my metabolism has slowed significantly since I was a kid. It is a lot of work to be an adult. No wonder the drinking age is 21. You need some kind of reward for becoming an adult.

Ok. Enough negativity. I am just grouchy because I scheduled 2 of those appointments this morning. I did get some good news this morning. I won a book from Magan over at Fried Okra. I love her blog. I am super excited to read my new book when it comes in. Oh and its Friday and my husband is supposed to come home tonight so thats exciting too.

1 comment:

KG said...

argh! this post just reminded me that I have to call the dentist and make an appointment. I HATE HATE HATE the dentist. Though admittedly, I hate the thought of being toothless worse.