Monday, April 7, 2008

Dreams

I had a nightmare last night. One of those ones that freaks you out so much that it leaves you fuzzy headed all morning because your mind is still trying to process the dream. The farther you get into your day and your normal routine the less scary the dream becomes. All morning I have been off so to speak. Just out of sorts and nervous. I think part of it was that my husband is going to be out of town for the next few days and sleeping alone in the house with a baby is a little scary.

I have noticed that my dreams have become more vivid since I got pregnant with Bear. Everyone talks about the crazy dreams you have while you are pregnant but for me it didn't end after he was born. I still continue to have extremely vivid and realistic dreams. I also tend to dream about the same things over and over again. My mother has a reoccuring dream about finding out that she didn't graduate from high school after all because she didn't have her all her credits. I have a very similar dream regularly except I am in college and it is the end of the semester and I am supposed to graduate but all the sudden I realize I never attended some of my classes. I need to take the finals but I realize I don't remember where my classes are or what time I was supposed to be there.

It is all very unsettling.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a great way to begin your week! Sorry it's left you unsettled...

I'm sure everything will be fine while he's gone. You and Bear will have a great time!!

Amanda said...

I've had similar college dreams, and can understand that anxiety when hubby's out of town. James travels out of state several times a month, and it's still not gotten much easier. But I've decided to see the good in it -- less sleep time = more blog stalking time. :)

KG said...

Argh! That's intense.

As for sleeping alone in the house with a baby? Heh - I do it every night. It's not so much scary as unpleasant when you're awakened by someone kicking you in the spine after you'd drifted off while breastfeeding and rolled over. *sigh* How can he kick that hard if he can't even walk yet?

Swistle said...

I definitely have unsettling dreams when pregnant. Some of the scary-bad-things variety, and some of the David Boreanaz variety.

Anonymous said...

One time I read something that said dreams are generally your brain taking a whole bunch of pieces of your day and mushing them together and trying to make sense of them. So if you watched a news story about a drowning, went to an amusement park, and had dinner with Grandma, you might dream that grandma drowned at an amusement park. When I have weird dreams I try to think baout the previous day and pull the dream apart - it helps disolve the bad parts, I think.

That being said, I had a dream about a co-worker last week. there was a certain kind of tension, although it didn't go anywhere in the dream. I smelled him. He smelled like sun screen. I have never before had a dream where I smelled something (or someone.) I couldn't even look him in the eye the next day.

CP said...

I have the crazy dream that its halfway through the semester and i realise I signed up for a class that i have not attended- even once- because I thought I dropped it. Oh man...the horrors!

L said...

I've been having odd dreams recently too. Apparently so have quite a few other people. Must be something in the air!

Haley said...

I have strange crazy dreams too! I know exactly what you mean about being all confused, I hate that feeling!

Ashley said...

Ugh!!!! I HATE dreams like that! Hope you have a better night!

Erin said...

I've found that my dreams became much more vivid and a lot weirder after giving birth. I had a dream the other night I bought pork chops and I got home and realized they were lamb chops and the bones had been tied underneath them so I woudn't know it. It was like this big conspiracy with the manager at the grocery store. LOL I was seriously pissed off about it though, even after I woke up. Weird.

You and Bear will be fine. :) I wish I could get rid of The Man, even for one night. :D

Unknown said...

I have dreams about schoool ALL THE TIME! I am usually late to class because I forgot where the class room is and then when I finally get there I haven't done my assignments. Wonder what all that means... I know what you mean about unsettling.