Monday, January 7, 2008

Sick Day

Bear is sick, again. I've lost count now of the number of times he has been sick since I went back to work. Poor little guy has the crud. He's had a cough since he got RSV Thanksgiving week but it has gotten much worse in the past few days. We gave him a breathing treatment last night and that helped some. He had a fever this morning so I called in sick, made a doctors appointment and changed out of my work clothes.

I took him to the doctor at 9:20 and the doctor gave him an antibiotic and said to do breathing treatments morning and night for the next few days. He should be able to go back to daycare tomorrow or Wednesday. So he doesn't have anything serious. That's a relief.

I'm enjoying my day off as well. I was already up and dressed when I decided Bear was too sick to go to daycare so I've had time to check my favorite blogs, pick up Whataburger for breakfast on my way back from the doctor's office, and enjoy 2 cups of coffee while watching America's Next Top Model reruns. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts until Bear gets up from his nap. I wasn't all that thrilled to head off to work today so I wasn't completely disappointed. Although I hate it when Bear feels bad. Hopefully the antibiotic will kick in quickly and he will start feeling better.

No comments: